These are some tips for eBay sellers from United States.
1) Ink is expensive. Better to have Kodak printer with ink with low prices. Printing labels takes a lot of ink. But you must know that ink is not cheap at all. What you need to do is if you have an empty cartridge, don’t throw it away, return them for a rebate to a store like Staples. Some of those rebate programs give back $2-3 per cartridge.
2) USPS labels save time. They have clear protective sticky sheets that can be used to hold your label. You can order it in usps.com. If you order it in usps.com it takes 1-3 weeks to come in. You can just put a label inside that sheet rather than bothering to tape it down.
3) Postal scale. A good quality shipping scale is very important. Scale must be not small but a rather large so you can put even a large box on it.
4) Cellphone. Everybody has it but I recommend a smartphone with a good data plan. You can easily look through the web-sites and you can make money right at the door. You can look through some videos, your eBay box, shipping and so on. Smartphone is really helpful and it makes us hundreds of dollars.
5) Storage space for the things that you sell. You must have it all organized and ready to go because if you sell something you must pull it out quickly, package it and get it ready. The big thing is to have a shelf organized and the goods ready to go.
6) Shipping boxes are free from USPS. Shipping supplies like boxes and envelopes are available at no charge. If you can’t ship goods by first class, the flat rate envelope is the best option.
7) Print shipping labels through Paypal. When you become a powerful eBay seller, you’ll get the discount up to 32% on shipping and discounts on prices that you pay when you sell the items. It’s a favorite shipping method.
8) Regional rate box A. And another shipping method that people do not know about is regional rate box A. It’s a middle shipping box but depending where you are shipping it, this can be much cheaper, $4-5. Again it takes 1-3 weeks to get it from USPS.
9) Keep envelopes on hand. To have a stock of shipping envelops is very important. We ship a lot of medium items and we buy some bubble mailers.
10) Get a Cutter. Cutter is also very important for cutting down the labels, packages and so on.